Damascus PTSA Self Defense Grouprally Sunday, May 5th from 10 AM to 2 PM at Aware Self Defense
May 5 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm$74.99
Join for us for a PTSA Fundraiser at AWARE Self Defense in Mt. Airy
Aware Gives Back 30% of the Ticket Price to our PTSA
Great for kids going to camp, college & travelers
• Learn by doing the essentials of self-defense in the real world
• Hands-on workshop designed for all teens and adults
• Taught by self-defense experts in Aware’s brand new studio
Buy Tickets Soon – 20 Tickets Available for This One-Time Event –
• Waivers will be supplied post-purchase to bring to the studio & are required to participate
• Support a locally owned business that supports us.
• Funds raised by the PTSA promote the welfare of our students and staff & strengthen the overall school community.
About the AWARE Self Defense Grouprally
• All experience and ability levels can participate
• Learn important tactical maneuvers that are practical to use
• Reality based self-defense training is conducted with Aware’s expert instructors
• Everything needed is at the studio and provided
• Emphasis on the different defense strategies
• Type of attacks include defenses from choking, grabs and headlocks
• Break for a snack around lunchtime, so bring a drink & snack
AWARE’s Approach: AWARE Self Defense Bootcamps have their roots in the practical applications of Israeli Commando Krav Maga, Philippino, Doce Pares, Japanese Judo/Jiu-Jitsu and other Traditional Martial Arts. Because there are no rules in a street fight or a personal attack our instructors have pooled their knowledge base and experience and created a self-defense system based on a few basic principles:
• The simpler the technique the more practical it is.
• The technique must have only 2-3 gross body movements to complete.
• The technique must be able to be successfully completed by any individual regardless of their size against any individual regardless of their size.
All AWARE personnel are active in the martial arts, self-defense and have years of experience as instructors and practitioners. Classes are reality-based and designed to teach techniques for immediate use